Monday, March 19, 2012

My Purpose, my peace - by Ashley Davis

It all started when I was 12. I got injured really badly and it was the worst time of my life. The only reason I got through that time is because of God.

Now I have this extreme peace and joy because I know I can do literally anything with Him. He is my everything and I love Him immensely. I can appreciate life because of Him.

Before we went to Africa I was chatting with Him one day and I said, God, I don't think people will listen to me because I was born in a Christian house and I didn't think I had a testimony. But I want everyone to feel this peace and joy I feel all the time. I asked God for a way to make people listen. I told Him that I could take anything and people would listen because I would love God through it. I knew I could handle it with God. I said He could give me some fatal sickness, I could lose someone I love, go blind, or anything to make people listen to me. Because I wanted so badly for people to experience what happiness is.

Then we went on this amazing trip and I changed - I discovered my purpose in life.

Even though I was born in America, I discovered my home. As soon as I got off that plane and my lungs were filled with that Ugandan air, I knew I was home and this is where I belong. I got back to America and people saw this difference in me. As I spoke in front of church, I watched my church family cry their eyes out as I spoke. People came to me crying and people recognized me. Even almost three weeks after we got back people cry when I talk to them.

I was sitting at home thinking about everyone that was crying or talking to me about Uganda and it dawned on me ... They're listening. The beautiful amazing wonderful God of love had answered my prayers in a better way than I could have ever imagined. Instead of my family dying, or something horrible happening to me like I was ready for, God answered me in an incredible way. When I realized this I started praying instantly, telling God how truly wonderful he was and thanking him with my whole heart. God is using me in miraculous ways. I can see in people's faces when I talk now that they are listening.

Praise this amazing God who is most high. Amen
 -Ashley Davis

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ashley...more tears. He's doing incredible things with your life!

    ReplyDelete