Friday, March 2, 2012

Some video clips

Here are just a couple of short video clips that I have posted that give a little better idea of what our Uganda experience was like.




Video of Judah learning to play new song on guitar with Isaac.  Judah was a fun and gifted young man that spent time with us in the Ggaba guest house and was one of the ARM people who met us at the airport when we arrived.




J-Force is a youth dance group from Luzira Community Church and they performed a dance number while we were there.  I captured a little bit of it - they were amazing.  By the way, if you hadn't guessed already, J stands for Jesus!



Ashley playing with the kids - or vice versa




Ashley dancing with the worshippers at the church plant we visited.  Fortunately the video of me dancing seems to have been accidentally deleted.





Isaac and Ralph leading worship in the mud hut church we visited.




More time playing with the kids.  Ralph, Bryan and Ashley were making noises that the children were imitating.  They loved us playing with them!




The rain in Africa.  It is the start of the rainy season there and as we watched this ,  rain, we had just left the slums of Kampala where most people asked that we pray for them to have a house that would not flood when the rain came.  Had this rain come earlier in the day, we would not have been able to distribute food since we would not have been able to get in to the slum area.  What a vivid reminder of the reality of what people there live with.  I watched the flood waters and imagined them flowing through the slum, picking up the horrible water we had seen standing in places there and then washing that through peoples homes.  It made me sick to think of.

My body is still having trouble adjusting to the time and my mind pis still trying to process everything (just the way my brain works I guess).  I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up just after midnight and had to get up and pray for our friends in Uganda. 


Well, it is late (or early depending on your schedule), so I'd better try to get some sleep.  Hope you enjoy these videos.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment